Friday, January 27, 2012

Bead Soup Arrival & Coinkydink !!!

Announcing my partner for the 5th BSBP:  

Be sure to visit her beautiful blog, highlighting her amazing creations.  It's Jean's first time to the Party, but boy is she johnny-on-the-spot!  I  received a lovely package of soup yesterday, and an oh-so-special gift!

First, the soup:  
There was fancy artwork even on the envelope, and inside was a beautiful ribbon-tied organza bag.

Just look at all the beady goodness inside! 
Click to enlarge the beauty!

A detailed wire wrapped focal, (which I think might be polymer clay?)

Feast your eyes ~
A handmade copper toggle clasp ~ gorgeous!

And copper bead components.

In the wee hours of Thursday morning on Quilting Post, my other blog, I wrote about a time that the Mr. had flowers sent to the house.  It was last fall when I opened them and asked "what's the occasion?"   "Just because", said he.

And yesterday evening, I opened this from Jean:

Among the items, this number.  Remarkable how she included the stamped 31, because at the time of the gift of flowers, we had been married 31 years, 8 months.

Yesterday, January 26th, 2012, we celebrated our 32nd anniversary! Thank you Jean, it made the day even more meaningful.

Also inside the bag was a wonderful assortment of copper stampings.
I can't wait to dive in and design with my soup!


9 comments:

  1. Wow... lookit all that coppery gorgeousness! Can't wait to see what all you come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, can not wait for the reveal date to see what you did with all of these beauties. It is so touching when someone pays attention to the little details of your life and then surprises you with a gift about those details.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! And the pendant looks like a jasper to me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember what the stone is, I will call the store on Monday and check. I think its something pressed?? I have slept since then!! LOL
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that's a beautiful assortment of bead candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coinkydink that's for sure! You are going to have so much fun creating with this mix! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great mix, you should have fun designing with it. The hop is going to be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That stone is called flower turquoise it's really just a composite of dyed magnesite. They are still beautiful though, what a stash of bead soup goodies you got!

    I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous soup! I look forward to your reveal :) x

    ReplyDelete