Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Rode the Waves

Monday with my yellow noodle...and with my hubby.  Topsail Beach was a childhood vacation spot, and the smell and taste took me back many, many years, ahhh....
I declare, the ocean there is saltier than the ocean that is only 15 minutes from my house.  And, the parking is still FREE and plenteous at Topsail.



This was my first time in the water this year, and it was magnificent!  I stayed in the water the whole time we were there.  Refreshing, relaxing, and exhilarating!

(Ok, ok, so the waves weren't quite this big).
On the drive home while awaiting the bridge opening, we saw a ship sporting the Jolly Roger in the intracoastal waterway!  I made mention to my hubs, and then we saw actual pirates on board!  Eye patches donned and swords drawn...ooo, scarey!  How my friend Sasha would appreciate this raucous exhibit!


Coincidentally, my friend Freda captured the essence of it in a sweet lil mug rug she made awhile back!

All of her work is delightful!  Stop by and check out her new page, and enjoy the eye candy!  Here's the link:

3 comments:

  1. Oh Cis- what fun!!! glad you got to da beach!!!

    How marvelous!!! I remember how salty that water was too- my lips would be chapped and wrinkled-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read somewhere about a "pirate cruise" you can take somewhere on the NC coast... not sure where...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahoy, Captain!
    Is it the place you use to get aweay to play boardgames?

    ReplyDelete